One of the largest cable internet providers in the U.S., Suddenlink Communications offers high-speed internet, digital TV, home phone and home security services. Their service is delivered through the cable television lines already laid out. To connect to the internet, you will receive a cable modem that will act as the receiver for the internet signal. You can connect a router to the modem to distribute the signal further, perhaps in the form of a Wi-Fi signal.
Suddenlink Internet Plans
Suddenlink offers internet speeds between 100 and 1000 MBPS (1 GBPS) and various plans to suit different requirements and pockets. The lower speed plans come with data caps.
In addition to the ‘Internet only’ plans, Suddenlink also offers attractive bundles combining Internet with TV, Phone, etc.
Internet 100 MBPS
Download Speed: 100 MBPS
Bandwidth: 250 GB
+ $40 Upfront
Internet 400 MBPS
Download Speed: 400 MBPS
+ $40 Upfront
Internet 1000 MBPS
Download Speed: 1 GBPS
+ $40 Upfront
Common terms and features:
- All of the bundles come with a 30-day money back guarantee.
- A standard fee is charged for professional installation but it could vary based on location. There is also an activation fee depending on credit check results.
- You can rent a modem from the company for $10/month. Suddenlink also allows an outright modem purchase of the modem for $80. In case of outright purchase you will need to use your own router for the Wi-Fi. You can even bring your own Suddenlink compatible modem.
- For plans that have defined data caps, after the cap has been exceeded thrice, a charge of $10 per 50 GB block of overage will be levied.
- Suddenlink Internet features an always on technical support team, 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.
- With their extant cable network, their services have wide reach in their area of operation.
- Download speeds that go up to 1000 MBPS will serve all needs of internet users, as well as multiple users.
- ‘No contracts’ makes it a flexible to use service. You don’t have to plan your future before taking up the service.
- Pricing is extremely competitive, considering that they offer download speeds up to 1000 MBPS.
- Technical support for internet issues is available 24×7. For a world increasingly reliant on the internet, this can be a great value service.
- A 30-day money back guarantee that allows cancellation within the first 30 days with money back. However, only the service fee will be refunded, not other charges like installation fees.
- Some of the plans have data caps. Further, there is a $10 charge for every 50 GB over limit.
- While the starting prices are attractive, after 12 months, the pricing returns to the standard rate, which can be a substantial hike.
- While customer satisfaction is an issue for many internet service providers, on a relative scale, Suddenlink’s scores have been below its competitors.
Suddenlink Internet Coverage in the US
Suddenlink services reach 6 million customers in 16 states across the country. These include Texas, Kansas, California, North Carolina, Arkansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Iowa, Louisiana, West Virginia, Missouri, Mississippi, Nevada, and Ohio. Their geographies of strength are West Virginia, Arkansas, Texas, Oklahoma.
Suddenlink plans are available to residents in the Midwest, southern, and western United States through its parent company Altice, while Optimum, its sister brand, serves the New York tri-state area.
Plan availability could vary from one location to another. As an example, not every city within a coverage area will have access to 1Gbps speeds or fiber-optic connections.
What type of service does Suddenlink offer?
Suddenlink offers high-speed internet, TV and home phone services to a select number of U.S. states located primarily in the southeast and southwestern regions.
Which technology is Suddenlink’s internet service based on?
Suddenlink relies on a hybrid network to deliver services to households. Its wide cable network takes the service to a neighbourhood from where the last-mile connectivity to households is through a fibre network. This network delivers speeds of up to 1000 MBPS across its network.
If I subscribe to Suddenlink, will I get free Netflix movies?
The Netflix service is supported by the Suddenlink set-top boxes. What this means is that instead of using the Netflix app on your handphone or tablet to connect and stream the movie and route it to the TV screen to display, you can connect your Netflix account to the set-top box and receive it directly. New subscribers may also be eligible for promotional offers from time to time. In each of these situations, you need to have a Netflix subscription.
Can I do the installation of Suddenlink internet myself?
Of course you can. Suddenlink offers self-installation for a convenient and affordable way to get connected quickly.
Here are a few things you will need before you instal:
A cable modem and router; you can get it from Suddenlink or use your own compatible device
- An internet-enabled device like a laptop
- Cable and ethernet cords
- A cable splitter
- A power adapter
You will get a starter kit in the mail with required instructions. References to online walkthroughs will also be provided. Online orders are also eligible for free installation offers from time to time.
Is Altice Fiber the same as Suddenlink Internet?
Altice is the company that owns Suddenlink internet. This association has enabled Suddenlink internet services to be offered in geographies with the Altice fiber network.Does Suddenlink offer free internet for the elderly?
You can get the Altice Advantage Internet service for FREE for 60 days if you are a part of any of the groups below:
- You live in a household with K-12 and/or college students
- You are an active certified/licensed teacher, professor, faculty, instructor or staff member of a U.S. K-12 school, college or university
- You do not currently have home internet access for remote learning
You’ll only pay the already discounted installation fee and can cancel the service at any time. After your two free months, the service is only $14.99 per month. You can have an additional $5 discount for 3 months if you choose to enrol in auto-pay at the time of sale.
You will get Internet with up to 30 Mbps to download speeds, a free smart router and modem, unlimited data, and discounted installation.
Suddenlink started in 2003 with headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri, offering cable-based Internet, TV and Phone services. It was acquired by Altice USA a few years back.
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
Altice offers high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, digital advertising solutions, local news, telephony, and wireless — to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Apart from Suddenlink, the Altice group brands are:
Altice Mobile – Delivering advanced LTE coverage
Altice Business – Managed Services for small businesses
a4 Advertising – Data and advertising business delivering multiscreen campaigns
Cheddar News – Digital first news network
News 12 Networks – Leader in hyper-local content
i24 NEWS – 24×7 international news broadcasting from the Middle East