Spectrum Internet service is owned by Charter Communications and is currently the second-largest cable internet provider in the United States. Spectrum offers connectivity to close to 33% of American households since 2016 when Charter acquired Time Warner Cable. Users can choose from a wide range of plans and pricing designed to suit every budget and requirement. Spectrum Internet scored a rating of 63/100 on the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) which makes it comparable to top competing companies like Xfinity, AT&T, Verizon, and Cox.
Several features make Spectrum Internet the preferred option for most users. Aside from reliability and incredibly fast speeds that are higher than outlined in their packages, Spectrum offers you the no-contract option. You can cancel your subscription at any time without the risk of incurring any termination fee. Most importantly, Spectrum is a participant in the FCC Emergency Broadband Program designed to provide internet services at affordable pricing during the pandemic lockdowns.
Spectrum Internet Plans
|Plan Name||Download Speed||Upload Speed||Bandwidth||Connection Type||Regular Price After 12 Months||Sale Price|
|Internet||200 Mbps||10 Mbps||Up to 200 Mbps||Cable||$74.99 per month||$49.99 per month|
|Internet Ultra||400 Mbps||20 Mbps||300 Mbos to 400 Mbps||Cable||$94.99 per month||$69.99 per month|
|Internet Gig||1000 Mbps||35 Mbps||1 Gbps||Cable||$109.99 per month||$109.99 per month|
|FCC Emergency Broadband Program||30 Mbps||Cable|
|Plan Name||Download Speed||Upload Speed||Suitability||Connection Type||Regular Price||Price with Bundling|
|Business Internet||200 Mbps||10 Mbps||Less than 5 employees||Cable||$64.99 per month for 12 months||$49.99 per month for 12 months|
|Internet Ultra||600 Mbps||35 Mbps||Less than 20 employees||Cable||$114.99 per month for 12 months||$94.99 per mont for 24 months|
|Internt Gig||1000 Mbps||35 Mbps||More than 20 employees||Cable||$249.99 per month for 12 months|
- The FCC reports that more than 90% of Spectrum subscribers have internet speeds of 95% or higher than the ranges outlined in the packages. You can expect reliable internet connectivity even during peak hours. Though, you might experience slower speeds if you’re using a Wi-Fi connection.
- You need not enter into a contract to get a Spectrum connection. And, that also means that there are no charges for early termination.
- Each Spectrum package provides unlimited data usage, so you won’t have to worry about overages.
- Expect to pay a charge of $5 per month for renting the router, which is much more economical than most other providers that charge anywhere from $10 to $15. You also have the option to buy your own router and modem which is compatible with the Spectrum service.
- Self-installation costs are just $9.99 and are a one-time expense.
- Spectrum offers internet packages for both, residential and commercial users.
- Spectrum internet plans are economical, but after the 12-month introductory pricing, you’ll pay higher charges. This hike can go up to $25 per month.
- Higher bandwidth and speeds depend on the location where you live. If you have a household with multiple users and need faster internet, you’ll make do with whatever plans are available in your area.
- Spectrum, undoubtedly, offers internet via a cable network with fast connectivity. But, users living in locations where a fiber internet connection is available would want to go with that option instead of DSL.
Internet Service Coverage by Charter SpectrumSpectrum is one of the top three internet service providers in the country offering an extensive Hybrid Fiber-Coaxial infrastructure to serve users in most urban and suburban locations. The company serves close to 102.7 million people in 44 American states on both, the East Coast and West Coast. Maximum coverage is available to metropolitan cities in California, Texas, and New York. though. residents in Rhode Island, Utah, and Arkansas can expect limited or no Spectrum service. Considering that the company has plans to further develop its network, more users across the country might get access in the coming months.
Why Choose Charter Spectrum Internet?Charter Spectrum is easily one of the top-most internet service providers in the US. You’ll choose any one of the three plans available according to your needs and expected budget. While reliability and high speeds are certainly the company’s USP, you can also avail yourself of the multiple hotspots set up in different locations around the city. Of course, the no caps on data usage and no contractual obligations are other reasons to go with Spectrum. The company also provides excellent customer service along with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you aren’t quite happy with the service, you can cancel at any time within this period and get your money back. Since Spectrum is participating in the limited-period FCC Emergency Broadband Program, it offers eligible users access to the internet at discounts up to $50 per month. You can expect speeds of up to 30 Mbps and although this offer is available only for a limited time, it comes with all the other perks available to Spectrum users. This attractive discount is available on broadband subscriptions and equipment rental charges. Further, users in qualifying Tribal lands can get discounts of up to $75 per month. If you think you qualify, the company website has an interactive step-by-step process for submitting the necessary paperwork and availing of the benefits of the program. The contract buyout offer is yet another of the reasons why you would want to choose Spectrum. According to this feature, Spectrum will cover existing internet bills of up to $500 to assist users in getting out of their current contract to switch to Spectrum. Certain terms and conditions do apply and the maximum buyout amount must include the early termination costs as applicable. Further, this option is only available to users who are signing up with Spectrum for the first time and don’t have any existing obligations with the company. The promotional, loyalty-building pricing structure is a downside because customers are expected to pay higher costs once this welcome period is over. However, in the coming months, Spectrum intends to set up a more consistent billing system. Also, overhead charges and fees are much lower than other providers which is a significant positive.
FAQ About Charter Spectrum Internet Service
About Charter Spectrum
Charter Communications is one of the leading cable operators in the country offering highly advanced broadband connectivity to millions of users in the United States. The company serves both residential and business users offering a full suite of services like Spectrum Internet®, TV, Voice, and Mobile. Spectrum Business® is suitable for small and medium-sized businesses while Spectrum Enterprise offers highly customizable fiber-based solutions to government entities and larger corporates. Additional products include Spectrum Reach®, Spectrum Networks, and Spectrum Originals.
- Charter Communications was first founded in 1993.
- The company is headquartered at 400 Atlantic Street, Stamford, Connecticut.
- Charter Communications serves 29 Million Broadband Internet subscribers.
- Other services provided by the company include digital phone, cable television, voice, and cellphone subscriptions.
- Contact Info: 1 (833) 267-6094
- Customer service: 1 (877) 906-9121